Monday, November 4, 2013

Niki de Saint Phalle creatures

We've begun looking at a French artist called Niki de Saint Phalle in Year 4. She was a painter, but she's most famous for her sculptures.


She liked children's pictures, pictures that relied on the imagination, pictures with strong simple colours. 



She liked making animal pictures and sculptures, but changing the animals however her imagination led her to. She liked big monstrous animals. She liked bright, playful shapes.





When we'd had a good look at her work we created some monstrous creatures of our own, in the style of Niki de Saint Phalle:



































7 comments:

  1. I hade piano so I missed alt. It looks fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry Penny - yours will be there soon!

      Delete
  2. I really don't like my picture ! But I really like Mimi's AND Sanica's one they were really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's strange - I like it lots! But maybe I should give you a second chance, to do another...?

      Delete
  3. Don't they look gorgeous I love everyone's it's very hard to chose but I
    really like Irene's in particular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I like them lots! And Irene's one has such a careful colour choice, and a kind of rhythm to the colours.

      Delete
    2. Yes, Irene's is my favourite because the shape is simple but inside it's full of color!

      Delete