Monday, November 25, 2013

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

The book begins in Charlie Bucket's house, introducing the characters and explaining that they were very poor.

Charlie's grandparents, Joe, Josephine, George and Georgina are very old and they have stayed in a bed for more than 20 years! Until one day Charlie asks Grandpa Joe to talk about the wonders of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory.

My favourite character is Mr. Willy Wonka becuase he is just SO random!
But it could just as well be Grandpa Joe as he surprised me by jumping out of the bed. It could even be Charlie who is very lovable though in the past he was unfortunate.
I feel that the other children deserve what happened to them because they were careless and selfish. Though it was funny!!!

I think that Roald Dahl describes sweets and candy very well, almost making my mouth water!
He made up lots of new thing as well. And I wish it was real because then life wouldn't be that boring like ice-cream that never melts!

I really thought that Charlie's birthday chocolate had a golden ticket!
If I had a golden ticket I wouldn't trade it for anything, even for a reptile, not even a dog which is very tempting.

I wanted to see the female Oompa Loompas but in the illustrations it didn't show.
I find the Oompa Loompas' songs very creepy!

I will rate it a 5 out of 5!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Mimi I want to tell you that your comment is well written, and I like it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our first book review - well done. I love to read your writing Mimi; super language choices and you don't give too much of the story away. I like the way you share your thoughts with us - I agree that the Oompa Loompas' song is a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your story of the Chocolate Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to rate the book too, Mimi. Perhaps next time we do this we should add a rating feature - maybe some kind of blogger add-on...

    ReplyDelete